Department of Human Resources Management (DHRM) will be hosting an employee regional open enrollment meeting on Monday, May 6, 2013 at 11 a.m. in the Whitman Theater. DHRM will present the upcoming changes for the new plan year. In addition to DHRM, plan providers will be onsite to answer questions you may have about the plans offered.
Additional open enrollment meetings will be facilitated by VWCC Human Resources and have been scheduled in the Human Resources Training Room for the following dates and times:
Wednesday, May 8th at 2:00 p.m.
Monday, May 20th at 10 a.m.
Tuesday, May 21st at 2 p.m.
Open enrollment is May 1st – May 24th for a July 1, 2013 effective date. During open enrollment you may:
- Do nothing if you are happy with your health care election and/or do not want a flexible spending account (FSA) or wish not to continue a FSA into the next plan year.
- Initially enroll in a health care plan.
- Waive coverage.
- Add or remove eligible dependents.
- Change your health care selection(s).
- Enroll initially into a flexible spending account (FSA) or continue your participation in a FSA for the next plan year.
Elections can be made by either completing an enrollment form or making your changes online by using EmployeeDirect:
- Enrollment forms may be accepted by VWCC Human Resources no earlier than May 1st and not later than 5 p.m. on May 24th.
- Online changes in EmployeeDirect may be made no earlier than May 1st and prior to midnight on May 24th. If you chose to utilize EmployeeDirect it is strongly encourage that you make your changes early to avoid potential software outages that would prevent you from making a change.
If you have any questions, please contact Denise Schuh at 857-7962 or email@example.com.
Please take a minute to stop by and say hello to the following new faces at Virginia Western!
- Bill Sankbeil began on 04/25/2013 as a full-time Law Enforcement Officer for the Campus Police Department.
Virginia Western is very excited to open our new building for classes starting fall semester 2013. The new building is the Center for Science and Health Professions and will house our science and health professions courses and labs. This building is denoted as “CSHP” in the class schedule.
As the Media Geeks have upgraded classrooms with the new touch screens, we've started noticing a serous problem: Projectors are being left on! Please remember that leaving a projector running when it is not needed is costing us a significant amount of money in replacement bulbs ($300 each) and electricity.
We are asking for your help. When you turn off the computer, please ALSO touch the "Shutdown" button on the touch panel, and confirm that you want to shutdown by touching the word "Yes" when prompted. This will turn off the projector. Simply turning off the computer results in a "black" screen, but this is not the same as the projector being off.
The Media Geeks are asking that you visually confirm that you have turned off the projector by looking at the projector and confirming that the only colored light on the projector is amber. If you see a green light next to the word "Lamp" on the projector, it is likely that the projector lamp is still on.
Thank you all for your help!
A detailed evaluation tells you everything you need to know and do. TIAA-CREF’s individual counseling session for employees will help you answer these questions:
- Are you setting realistic goals for key life events and retirement?
- Can you better balance your spending priorities to help you save more for your financial goals?
- What investment mix and strategy is best for you to increase your portfolio’s potential, including protecting against cost-of-living increases?
- What retirement income options best fit your situation?
This individual counseling session will help you simplify your retirement by:
- Consolidating your retirement accounts to make managing your holdings easier, particularly when it comes to tax preparation.
- Reviewing your retirement income options to provide you with the most flexibility possible.
Individual Counseling Session
Thursday, May 23, 2013
2:00 – 5 p.m.
Fishburn Hall, Human Resources Testing Room, Ground Floor
To make an appointment, RSVP as soon as you can by registering at www.tiaa-cref.org/letstalk1 or 866-843-5640 Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. (ET).
Human Resources is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
- Nursing Instructor (RN)
- Deadline: 05/03/2013 by 5pm (EST)
- Part-time, Adjunct Faculty - Practical Nursing (LPN)
- Deadline: Open Until Filled
For more details about our application process and/or to complete the online application, please visit our website: www.virginiawestern.edu/hr and select "CAREER OPENINGS". Please feel free to contact HR, 857.7282, with any questions!
Thanks to all faculty and staff who stopped by the QEP table at Spring Fling and completed the survey. This survey will help us plan for next semester. The following list represents the questions which were included on the survey as well as the answers.
- "Navigate: Get THERE through Team Advising" is the topic of our Quality Enhancement Plan because:
Advising was our top choice among students, faculty, staff, and administration.
- "Navigate: Get THERE through Team Advising" is designed to:
Improve the student learning environment, help students learn to set educational success goals, and enhance the quality of advising on campus.
- When will we receive an onsite visit from a SACSCOC team?
This Fall-October 1-3, 2013
Congratulations to the following people who were winners in the raffle drawing:
- William Alexander-Sweet Frog gift card
- Kathy Boylan-Java gift card
- Ramona Coveny-Starbucks gift card
- Kathy Holland-Sweet Frog gift card
- Jeff Scott-Java gift card
- Joshua Shelor-Sweet Frog gift card
- Debra Thomas-Java gift card
- Michael Wessel-Starbucks gift card
- Erik Williams-Starbucks gift card
If you have questions, comments, or concerns about "Navigate: Get THERE through Team Advising", please contact Kristel Clark, QEP Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org at 540-857-6218.
BRAIN PATTERN STUDY
The Human Neuroimaging Laboratory at Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute (VTCRI) located in Roanoke, Virginia would like to invite you to participate in a variety of groundbreaking studies!
- Eligibility: healthy adults, age 18-64
- Compensation: at least $20.00
- Primary goal: To study the response of the normal brain to patterns of stimuli, rewards, and decision-making
- Institute sponsor: Human Neuroimaging Laboratory labs.vtc.vt.edu/hnl
- Study timeframe/duration: 1-3 hours per visit
If you are interested in volunteering, please visit: http://vtcri.info/jkzexq
To contact us via e-mail: email@example.com; or call 540-526-2034
The Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute is conducting a brain imaging study on cigarette smokers. Eligible participants must meet the following criteria:
- Current smokers, age 18-55
- Smoke at least 5 cigarettes per day
- Have been smoking for the past year
You will be compensated for your time. Eligible participants typically make $50 for the first session and $30 for the second session, with the potential to earn an additional $75. We have two locations, Blacksburg and Roanoke, and scheduling is very flexible to best accommodate your schedule. If interested, please contact Andre at 540-526-2068 firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
OEF/OIF VETERANS NEEDED FOR FMRI STUDIES
- Deployment impacts veterans in many ways
- We use new FMRI technology to understand how deployment can affect the biology of the brain
- Have the study described and questions answered by study staff before deciding to participate
- Participate in a videotaped interview about your life experiences
- Fill out some questionnaires
- Complete computer tasks during an fMRI scan which may include:
- Viewing positive, negative, & neutral images- including some that are combat related
- Playing simple computer games
- Be asked to provide a saliva sample for genetic analyses
- Receive a CD copy of your structural brain scan
- Be compensated $15 per hour for the interview & questionnaire session and $20 or more for the fMRI scan depending on how you play the game
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- OEF/OIF Veterans who are:
- Between 18 & 64 years old
- Free from metal in their body
- Not claustrophobic
(540) 526-2032, email@example.com, http://info.vtc.vt.edu/vets
Open enrollment is a time to make changes to your health care and to continue or begin a flexible reimbursement account. This year, open enrollment will begin May 1, 2013 and will end on May 24, 2013. The changes and/or enrollments you make will effective on July 1, 2013. Significant changes will be occurring for the upcoming plan year including in part:
- A new health plan offering called COVA HealthAware.
- Upon completion of certain requirements, Premium Incentives and/or Premium Rewards for employees and their spouse.
- Major change to the basic dental plan – basic dental will now only include preventative services.
- Provider changes for the prescription plan and the flexible reimbursement accounts.
- Provider change for disease management and other programs.
- Premium increases.
- New card issued for all members.
- Plus more!
During the week of April 22nd you will be receiving at home the Department of Human Resources (DHRM) “Spotlight” newsletter detailing plan and provider changes including the new monthly premiums. Review this information carefully and let’s get together and discuss the changes:
Open Enrollment Sneak Peek
Thursday, April 25, 2013
Human Resources Training Room, Fishburn Hall
Open Enrollment Sneak Peek
Monday, April 29, 2013
Human Resources Training Room, Fishburn Hall
Two separate sessions: 9 a.m. and also at 2 p.m.
If you have any questions, please contact Denise Schuh in Human Resources at 857-7962 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DHRM will be hosting an employee regional open enrollment meeting on May 6, 2013 at 11 a.m. in the Whitman Theater.
- Additional open enrollment meetings will be facilitated by VWCC during open enrollment on May 8th, 20th, and 21st. Look for details on upcoming Daily Bulletins.
- One-on-one open enrollment counseling sessions may be requested by contacting Denise Schuh.