- LEATHER RECLINER FOR SALE. Like new, sits in the living room and rarely ever used. Will sale or trade for some light labor. $200 Call 540-819-3838
- ITEMS FOR SALE: Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 $25; Dog Ramp (heavy duty) will measure if interested $35; Extra Large Ultimate Dog Bed (brand new from Foster n Smith) 35x50 $50 (firm). Call 309-4549 if interested.
- SPANISH TUTORING FOR VIRGINIA WESTERN STUDENTS, $15 per hour, discounts for more the 2 hours per week. Contact me at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEIGHT SET: A great value! Includes – 395 lbs. of cast plates, 310 lbs. of dumbells, bench, weight bar, arm curl bar, 2 spotter stands, weight stand. New price $1156, asking $450. Email: email@example.com
- EPSON PERFECTION 3200 PHOTO SCANNER: For sale $95. Price new was over $400. Excellent condition. Comes with cables but you will need to download the software for your computer from the Epson site. 362-5113 or 857-6070
- FRESH BROWN EGGS FOR SALE: From free-range chickens. Contact Elizabeth Wilmer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- HARVARD ELECTRONIC 4-PERSON AIR HOCKEY TABLE: Standard size Harvard electronic air hockey table. 4’ wide x 7’ long with electronic scoring. Barley used and in good condition. Approximately 6 years old. Currently sells new for $974.00+. Asking $200 (cash only) – firm. Bottom support must be removed to move; flight of stairs to remove from the house. Contact Denise at 540-314-3713.
- SOFAS FOR SALE: Three used sofas $150 Call 704-492-3255 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ROANOKE VALLEY WOMEN'S SOCCER LEAGUE - Need women 18 + years old, especially over 35, to join the new recreational division this spring. Desperately seeking "play for fun" women. The cost is $50 for 10+ games. The games are Sundays in the afternoon at Botetourt Sports Complex (usually) from March 24 to June 2.No experience necessary -- we will fumble the ball together. This sport is a bun burner; we play 80-minute games with breaks at 20 minutes. The club (recreational) division has 2 teams and each team needs more players. We get to choose a team color and name so come be soccer divas with me! I'm 62 years old and really want women somewhat close to my age with which to play. Email Edna at email@example.com with your name and experience. For information about the league go to RVWSL.info
- SMOKING RESEARCH STUDY. Do you smoke cigarettes? Volunteers are needed for a brain imaging study at the Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute. Earn up to $380 (in cash and/or cigarettes). Call or text 315-0205.
Do you have an item to post FOR BUY/SALE/TRADE/FREE? Please submit your information ready to post with complete contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, March 29, 2013
- Free Weekly Wine Tasting (4-7 p.m.) @ Mr. Bill’s Wine Cellar
- Winter Wonderland Getaway (11am – 9pm) @ Chateau Morrisette. Enjoy a Château Morrisette dinner on Friday evening, a complimentary winery tour and wine tasting and Friday night’s lodging at a participating lodging facility. For more info – www.thedogs.com
- Free Weekly Beer Tasting (5pm – 8pm) @ Wine Gourmet
- Callback Comedy Club (8pm – 11pm) @ Pomegranate Restaurant. Standup Comedy Comes to Botetourt. For more info – http://ww2.roanoke.com/eventcalendar/EventDetails.aspx?eventID=35932&dteId=36431
Saturday, March 30, 2013
- Free Weekly Wine Tasting (noon-5 p.m.) @ Mr. Bill’s Wine Cellar
- Physicians on Foot (8:30am) @ Tanglewood Mall. Numerous Carilion Clinic physicians are lacing up their walking shoes alongside the public in the "Physicians on Foot" weekly walking program. For info - www.carilionclinic.org/walking
- Free Weekly Wine Tasting (12pm – 5pm) @ Wine Gourmet
- Tail Chaser 5k (12pm – 3pm) @ Wasena Park. Put your paws to the pavement and run for their lives! Registration is open for the first annual Tail Chaser 5K & 1 Mile Black Dog Salvage Dog Walk - fundraiser for the RVSPCA. For more info - https://www.facebook.com/events/467841696615858/
- Marginal Arts Festival (12pm – 3pm) @ Downtown Roanoke. Marginal Arts Festival is a festival of art beyond the predictable that nurtures local identity and promotes contemporary art from the local to the international. For more info - http://www.downtownroanoke.org/do/marginal-arts-festival-parade-and-street-carnival
Sunday, March 31, 2013
- Benefit Event for Kristin Trout Myers (2pm – 10pm) @ Schooners. Kristin, 38 yrs old with a 5 month old baby, suffered a massive stroke a few weeks ago and the money raised will go towards her medical bills. Please tell all of your friends to come out and support this worthy cause. For more info about this group - https://www.facebook.com/events/283183588480691/
Do you have an item to post in COMMUNITY EVENTS? Please submit your information ready to post with complete contact information to email@example.com.
Axis 5 will be playing at Growlers on April 3rd.
Global Youth Service Day is the largest volunteer event in the world. Serve and Celebrate on April 26 and 27, 2013 First 200 volunteers will receive a GYSD T-shirt! We also invite you to join fellow GYSD volunteers for the Post-Service Celebration. For a list of all volunteer opportunities, please visit our website at: www.fsrv.org/gysd
“MMMOVE” My Motivation Movement (MMMOVE) - It's about helping people connect with others in the Community, find joy in Fitness, and improve their Health. 3 Miles • You vs. You • Free. This is an event you won't want to miss. With live music, food and activities, there really is something for everyone. You can walk, jog, run, or be a cheerleader! It's not a race; you compete against a goal you set for yourself at registration. Join us on June 1, 2013 on the Roanoke River Greenway. Learn more at www.mmmove.org, and register at http://bit.ly/MMMOVE2013.
PARAPHRASING, NOT PLAGIARIZING
WHEN: Wednesday, April 3; 1:00 p.m.
WHERE: Webber 307
FACILITATOR: Nancy Francisco
Paraphrasing skillfully is important in writing research papers. This workshop will provide hands-on activities in paraphrasing.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE YOUR STUDENTS TO ATTEND THESE VERY USEFUL HOT TOPIC SESSIONS. If you would like to offer extra credit to students, they will be given an “extra credit ticket” as verification of their attendance to bring back to class.
Dr. Gloria Lindsay
Chapman Hall, Room 105
The 2013 Employee Survey will be open for your feedback until Friday, April 12th. Please take this opportunity to provide your input on all aspects of the college at the following link: http://survey.vccs.edu/wsb.dll/s/41gf08
Your opinions matter! Concerns expressed in previous Employee Surveys have been addressed through such items as:
- changes in our governance structure
- strengthened oversight of dual enrollment courses
- improved parking lot safety
- increased food options
Help our college continue to meet the needs of both employees and students by providing your input. If you have any questions about this anonymous survey, please contact the IEO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The VWCC Campus Safety and Security Committee met recently and wanted to make you aware of a mobile app if you happen to use a smartphone! The mobile app is called the “Ready Virginia” mobile app and is being provided by the Virginia Department of Emergency Management! More information can be found at: http://www.vaemergency.gov/News/readyvirginia/mobileapp
Do you need volunteer hours?
Green Valley Elementary School is looking for volunteers to help with face painting and other activities at their annual carnival.
When: April 20th, 10-2
Please contact Robin Leonard at 312-6507 or email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering.
The Virginia Western Volunteer Center would like to give a shout-out to the Radiation Oncology Senior Students as well as the other students that participated in the volunteer event at the South Roanoke Nursing Home yesterday.
You make the difference!
Please join us in F115 on April 2nd at 10:30 a.m. as Dr. Glenn DuBois and Dr. David Olive will sign a Guaranteed Admission Agreement to make the transition from RN to BSN a seamless pathway between Virginia’s community colleges and Bluefield College. Drs. DuBois and Olive will highlight the importance of health education to the region and the state, as well as the cost-savings benefits that will be available to VCCS students through the agreement.