- BRAND NEW INSANITY WORKOUT PROGRAM WITH SHAUN T. It's a 60-day program that's pure cardio. The set comes with 10 DVD's with 3 bonus DVD's, meal plan, calendar and other brochures. It has never been opened, still in the plastic seal for $90. It's $150 from beachbody.com and around $120 on amazon and ebay. Contact Laine at (304)8531320, or email me at email@example.com
- 19” FLAT SCREEN TV. Works good, built-in DVD player does NOT work. $50.00 neg. Diana 540-293-3735
- HP MINI 110 LAP TOP with case. Works great. Upgraded and do not need. Can apply windows 8 for $15.00. Asking $150.00 (windows 8 is additional) Call Diana 540-293-3735
- PARTICIPANTS SOUGHT FOR STUDY ON MOTHERS AND CHILDREN Are you a mother who sometimes worries or has fears? Do you have a child between 7 and 12 years of age? A new study is investigating how mothers and children interpret situations in their day-to-day lives. The study is being conducted at the Child Study Center at 460 Turner Street NW, Suite 207, Blacksburg. For more information please contact Kristin Austin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 540-231-8276. Compensation: $50.
- DEPRESSION RESEARCH STUDY. Are you feeling depressed or down? Volunteers are needed for a study investigating emotions and brain responses in people who suffer from depression. Eligible participants will: Receive counseling at no cost, Participate in interviews and complete questionnaires, Play computer games during MRI scans, Be paid $15/hour or more for participating. To be eligible you must: Be 18-55 years old, Have problems with depression, NOT be taking antidepressants, NOT have any mental implants, NOT be claustrophobic. If you meet the above requirements and are interested in participating, contact Cari Rosoff at 540-526-2032 or email@example.com. This study takes place at the Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute at 2 Riverside Circle, Roanoke VA.
- SMOKING RESEARCH STUDY. Do you smoke cigarettes? Volunteers are needed for a brain imaging study at the Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute. Eligible participants will complete questionnaires, an interview, and play games during MRI scans. Participants typically make $20-50 for each session, plus the opportunity to earn an additional $75. Participants will also receive a free DVD including high resolution images of their brain. We only ask that you meet the following criteria: You must smoke at least five cigarettes per day, You must have been a cigarette smoker for at least the past year, You must not be currently trying to quit smoking (using nicotine patches, e-cigarettes, etc.). If you are interested in participating, call Andre at 540-526-2068 to learn more and complete some basic screening questions.
Do you have an item to post FOR BUY/SALE/TRADE/FREE? Please submit your information ready to post with complete contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, February 8, 2013
- Free Wine Tasting @ Mr. Bills (4-7p.m.) Stop by, enjoy a free tasting and talk to the experts at Mr. Bill’s on Brambleton Avenue.
- Train Wreck (9 p.m.) @ Brambleton Deli http://brambletondeli.com/
- SheVaCon (1p.m. – midnight) @ Hotel Roanoke. An educational sci-fi, fantasy and horror convention. For more info – www.shevacon.org
- Winter Wonderland Getaway (11am–9pm)@Chateau Morrisette Enjoy a Château Morrisette dinner on Friday evening, a complimentary winery tour and wine tasting and Friday night’s lodging at a participating lodging facility. For more info – www.thedogs.com
- Free Weekly Beer Tasting (5pm – 8pm) @ Wine Gourmet
- Night Howls (5:30-7:30 p.m.) @ Mill Mountain Zoo. Bundle up and come up to the zoo and listen to the wolves howl, the owls hoot and the big cats call. For more info – www.mmzoo.org
- Cabin Fever Concert Series (6-10 p.m.) @ Roanoke Civic Center. For more info - http://www.cabinfeverseries.org/
- The Chocolate Affair (7-10 p.m.) @ 202 Market. Celebrate Valentine’s Day early! Sample tasty hor d’oeurves, mingle with all the other chocolate lovers. For more info - http://www.roanoke.com/eventcalendar/EventDetails.aspx?eventID=34995&dteId=32753
Saturday, February 9, 2013
- Free Wine Tasting @ Mr. Bills (noon-5p.m.) Stop by, enjoy a free tasting and talk to the experts at Mr. Bill’s on Brambleton Avenue.
- SheVaCon (10 a.m. – midnight) @ Hotel Roanoke. An educational sci-fi, fantasy and horror convention. For more info – www.shevacon.org
- Fly Tying 101 (10am–12pm) @ Orvis Store. Introduction to the art of Tying Flies. For more info ‐ http://www.roanoke.com/eventcalendar/EventDetails.aspx?eventID=34914&dteId=32284
- Physicians on Foot (8:30am)@Tanglewood Mall Numerous Carilion Clinic physicians are lacing up their walking shoes alongside the public in the "Physicians on Foot" weekly walking program. For info --‐ www.carilionclinic.org/walking
- Train Lovers’ Day (10 a.m. – 5 p.m.) @ Virginia Transportation Museum. Fall in love with trains all over again! This year we’re featuring equipment that has recently undergone cosmetic restoration. For more info – http://vmt.org/visit/calendar.html
- StarCity Comedy Club (2 shows 6:30 and 9 p.m.) @ 202 Market. For more info – www.starcitycomedyclub.com
- K92’s Bitter Mixer (8 p.m. to midnight) @ Awful Arthurs Downtown. Dress in your best outfit and come by and enjoy being single with K92’s Danny and Zack. For more info - http://www.downtownroanoke.org/do/k92s--‐bitter--‐mixer
Sunday, February 10, 2013
- SheVaCon (10 a.m. – 3p.m.) @ Hotel Roanoke. An educational sci-fi, fantasy and horror convention. For more info – www.shevacon.org
Axis 5 will be playing at the Coffee Pot on February 15, Schooners on February 22nd and Growlers on April 3rd.
Super Hold will be playing at the Foxfire Grille at Snowshoe on 2/12.
Best of Both Worlds Dance & Step Competition. Call Lifeview Marketing at 757.263.0068 to register your team. More information at www.danceandstepcompetition.com. Competition will be held at the Jefferson Center, Saturday, February 23 at 3:30 p.m. $75 entry fee, $1,000 in cash and prizes to be distributed among the winners.
Do you have an item to post in COMMUNITY EVENTS? Please submit your information ready to post with complete contact information to email@example.com.