- BOOKS FOR SALE: PSY 200, LSC Colh (Virginia Western Cc) PSY 200 Custom Package; King; ISBN:9780077684433; Condition: Very Good (used 1 semester only); PRICE: $50; (Includes online access code) MTH 163 and MTH 166, PreCalculus (w/out MyMathLab/MyStatLab Access); Sullivan; ISBN:9780321716835; Condition: Very good; PRICE: $80 Aaron Holloway, call at 540-278-3261 or email email@example.com
- MATH BOOK FOR SALE Applied Business Mathematics class BUS 125. Practical Business Math Procedures 10th Edition by Jeffery Slater. In excellent condition with all other books and CD included. I paid $228, asking $100. Contact Rachel at (540)815-1458 via call or text.
- NURSING TEXTBOOKS FOR SALE: Some books have a little wear and some have tears on the edges but nothing that diminishes the use of the book at all. Most are in great condition. There are also many NCLEX-RN Exam prep books and study guides and I believe all the CDs and DVDs are here also. I am also including the game that is strictly for Registered Nurses and really does help. $450 for everything. There are also a few boxes listed of drug cards and NCLEX exam cards which are very beneficial. My contact information is firstname.lastname@example.org
- BOOKS FOR SALE: ENG112 - “Literature A Portable Anthology Second Edition”, Condition: Good, Price: $30. BIO101-102 - “Biology Concepts & Connections Seventh Edition”, Condition: Excellent!, Price: $100. HLT110 - “Connect Core Concepts in Health Twelfth Edition”, with CONNECT card! Condition: Fair, Price: $50. HMS251 - “Addiction Treatment a strengths perspective Second Edition”, Condition: Great, Price: $60. MEN101-102 - “Interviewing and Change Strategies for Helpers Sixth Edition”, Condition: Excellent! Price: $80. MEN221 - “Groups a Counseling Specialty 6th Edition”, Condition: Excellent! Price: $75. PSY200 - “Experience Psychology”, Condition: Excellent! Price: $80. PSY120 – “Looking Out Looking In 13th Edition”, Condition: Excellent! Price: $65. PSY215 - “Abnormal Psychology Eighth Edition”, Condition: Excellent! Price: $100. PSY220 - “Behavior Modification Principles & Procedures Fifth Edition”, Condition: Excellent! Price: $120. PSY230 - “Life-Span Human Development 7th Edition”, Condition: Excellent! Price: $100. SOC200 - “Society the basics”, Condition: Good, Price: $70. Cell: 540-580-4890 (text or call) Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- MATHEMATICS, NINTH EDITION FOR SALE - Mathematics, Ninth Edition by Karl J. Smith, Used once. Paid $165; asking $100, Excellent condition. Contact email@example.com.
Do you have an item to post FOR BUY/SALE/TRADE/FREE? Please submit your information ready to post with complete contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The department of Distance Learning and Instructional Technology is planning to switch Blackboard to the new 2012 theme on December 19, 2012. The 2012 theme is a part of the upgraded Blackboard version 9.1 Service Pack 9.
Please let us know if you have any question about this upgrade.
Below are the Help Desk hours of operation for the week of December 17 and the week we return from break.
Please note the Help Desk will be staffed during the morning of Thursday, 12/20 even though the college is “closed” in case you need technical support.
Monday, Dec. 17 and Tuesday, Dec. 18: 7:45 a.m. to 7 p.m. (our normal hours)
Wednesday, Dec. 19: 7:45 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Thursday, Dec. 20: 7:45 a.m. to noon
Wednesday, Jan. 2: noon to 6 p.m. (The Help Desk staff will attend in-service.)Thursday, Jan. 3: 7:45 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday, Jan. 4: 7:45 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Our normal hours of operation will resume Monday, January 7, 2013.
Attention All Full-Time, Non-Exempt Employees:
The Payroll Department will be loading our agency Winter Break Holidays onto your timesheets on Tuesday, December 18th.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Dorrisa Williams at email@example.com."
See a recent VWCC student success story from WDBJ7! David Falls was the VWCC instructor who taught Microcomputer Systems Technology Training at the Western Virginia Regional Jail to 25 inmates as part of the "Second Chance Technology Careers" Department of Labor grant. The program was a collaborative effort between Virginia Cares, Virginia Western Community College, and the Western Virginia Regional Jail. http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj7-roanoke-man-gets-second-chance-with-a-new-program-and-local-business-20121213,0,3303315.story
When submitting eVA orders, please be sure to indicate the Ship To Address on your orders. This is accomplished by clicking on the drop down menu next to Ship To: and choosing one of the address selections listed in the link below:
Companies have delivered packages to the FMS building with no indication of who the package is for and during hours when the college is closed. When at all feasible, packages should be delivered directly to the buildings and/or department or division. If packages are delivered to FMS directly, receiving hours are 7:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Packages are not received when the college is closed on weekends or on holidays. If a fork lift is needed in order to offload an order, an advanced notice of 24 hours is required.
Best practice would suggest that we make vendors aware of our holiday closings and request delivery prior to the holiday break on 12/19/12 at 12 o'clock noon or after January 2, 2013 when we return. This can be done by adding a comment to the order and clicking in the box that makes it visible to the vendor.