Come join Hunter Moore and students in the Photovoltaic Energy Systems course as they test photovoltaic (solar) panels that will be placed on the roof of the Center in the Square! You will be provided an introductory explanation to the science behind photovoltaics as well as a hands-on demonstration of how energy technicians test panels in the field using the same equipment. This event will take place starting at 11 AM on Saturday, December 1st unless it rains. Everyone will meet in the first floor lobby of Webber Hall. Please RSVP to Hunter firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday at noon.
November 27, 2012
Attention ALL employees (Full and Part-Time, Faculty and Staff):
To make sure Payroll has your current mailing address for W2 purposes, please review and update your address no later than December 14th, 2012.
To Edit an address:
- Log-in to PeopleSoft.
- Click "Main Menu".
- Click "Self Service".
- Click "Personal Information Summary".
- Click "Change Home/Mailing Addresses" button.
- Then click the “Edit” button to the right of the address which needs to be updated.
- Fill out the form with your new mailing address information. You must list the same address in the HOME and MAILING address variables. Please ensure you are using proper USPS format and abbreviations. The Postal code MUST be in the nine-digit format. Use this link to find your code: http://zip4.usps.com.
- Residence/Juris Code should be the city or county location of the corresponding address.
- List effective date of address change next to “On this date”.
- Click “Save”.
- Click “Ok”.
- Click “Return to Personal Information” when verification of Address is complete.
Additionally, you must submit all address changes to the Human Resources Department. This can be done by emailing Heidi McClintic (email@example.com) from your VWCC Employee Email Account (or you can use your VCCS Student Email account if you do not have an Employee Email Account with our college) with the request.
EMPLOYEE HOLIDAY LUNCHEON will be held on Friday, December 7th, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the gymnasium.
Our meal will be caterer by A Cut Above Catering.
PLEASE register prior to the event so that we can make sure we can make sure we order the correct amount of food. The difference of 100 people equates to over $1,000. Everyone who registers will have their name in a drawing for door prizes. Please register by noon on November 30th. http://calendar.activedatax.com/virginiawestern/EventRegistration.aspx?Rid=117&Iid=604737&Frm=
Every year the college supports a couple of local charities with the donation of items or money. This year the college will be supporting the Office of Pregnant and Parenting Students and the ASPCA.
ADDITIONAL GIVING OPPORTUNITY - The College will be accepting donations of money, Wal-Mart and Kroger gift cards and the like to help support the family who hast taken in eight children of Mariam Ndarugiriye. The children, two are Virginia Western students, have been taken in by a member of their church, Our Lady of Nazareth, after the tragic loss of their mother last week.
Office of Pregnant & Parenting Student Service (VWCC)
- Diapers- infant to toddler size
- Pull ups
- Clothing- newborn to toddler- onesies, tshirts
- Coats- infant to toddler , 2t-6 sizes
- Books, puzzles- infant to pre school
- Small toys
- Car seat
- Diaper bag/Tote bag
- Insulated bags- for nursing mothers
- Gift cards- for transportation, food assistance
- WEPA cards- VWCC printing
- Monetary donations- can be used for bookstore credit, cab vouchers, child care assistance
See the list attached for needed donation items. Located Baldwin Avenue, NE. Services include animal adoption, foster care, low-cost spay and neutering, community outreach. http://www.rvspca.org/