Virginia Western Bookstore would like to invite all Faculty and Staff for our annual Appreciation Day. It will be from 11am-4pm, Tuesday, November 27th. A 20% discount will be extended for most items in the store, excluding convenience, computer products/software, and giftcards. Please stop by as we will have doorprizes and a dice game to win even more prizes on the spot! Thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing you!
-Virginia Western Bookstore Staff
EMPLOYEE HOLIDAY LUNCHEON will be held on Friday, December 7th, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the gymnasium.
Our meal will be caterer by A Cut Above Catering and the menu will include the following items:
- Black Forest Ham – served at a carving station with a honey mustard sauce (gluten free)
- Classic Turkey & Gravy (gluten free)
- Santa Fe Veggie Pasta – bowtie pasta mixed in a creamy cheddar sauce with fresh tomatoes, corn, black beans and peppers (vegetarian)
- Southern Green Beans (gluten free)
- Buttered Corn (gluten free)
- Traditional Bread Stuffing
- Assorted Breads
- Apple Cobbler and Ice Cream
- Variety of Petite Cheese Cakes
- Variety of Petite Pies
- Banana Pudding (gluten free)
- Orange-Infused Iced Tea, Water, Coffee
PLEASE register prior to the event so that we can make sure we can make sure we order the correct amount of food. The difference of 100 people equates to over $1,000. Everyone who registers will have their name in a drawing for door prizes. Please register by noon on November 30th. http://calendar.activedatax.com/virginiawestern/EventRegistration.aspx?Rid=117&Iid=604737&Frm=
Every year the college supports a couple of local charities with the donation of items or money. This year the college will be supporting the Office of Pregnant and Parenting Students and the ASPCA. Following are a list of items needed for each agency.
Office of Pregnant & Parenting Student Service (VWCC)
- Diapers- infant to toddler size
- Pull ups
- Clothing- newborn to toddler- onesies, tshirts
- Coats- infant to toddler , 2t-6 sizes
- Books, puzzles- infant to pre school
- Small toys
- Car seat
- Diaper bag/Tote bag
- Insulated bags- for nursing mothers
- Gift cards- for transportation, food assistance
- WEPA cards- VWCC printing
- Monetary donations- can be used for bookstore credit, cab vouchers, child care assistance
See the list attached for needed donation items. Located Baldwin Avenue, NE. Services include animal adoption, foster care, low-cost spay and neutering, community outreach. http://www.rvspca.org/
For your information to distrubute to students:
Spring 2013 Tuition Payment Plan – Sign Up TODAY!
To help meet educational expenses, Virginia Western Community College is pleased to participate in Nelnet’s tuition payment plan. For a non-refundable fee of $25.00, Nelnet allows monthly, interest-free tuition payments. The earlier students enroll the more payment options they may have. The payment plan for Spring 2013 will begin on November 12, 2012.
If a payment plan is not established or if tuition is not paid by December 6, students who registered early for classes will be dropped and will need to repeat the registration process. Financial Aid students are protected from enrollment cancellation up to the amount of their Financial Aid award. Financial Aid students should pay any differences between their total award and the amount due to prevent enrollment cancellation.
Payment plan sign-up instructions and deadlines will be posted on the Student Bulletin, Facebook, Twitter, www.virginiawestern.edu and on the VWtvs located across campus.
Step by step directions on how to enroll in a payment plan are available at http://www.virginiawestern.edu/studenthelp/student/tuitionpaymentplan.php