ORGANIZING YOUR STUDY SYSTEM
WHEN: Wednesday, October 10; 1:00 p.m.
WHERE: Webber Hall, 217
FACILITATOR: Ms. Edna Whittier
This session will provide helpful tips for efficient, effective study time. It will include finding your motivation for studying, organizing your course materials, using your learning style, and setting up an appropriate workplace, setting and following a study schedule and getting more out of your textbooks. A handout on tips for studying with and around children will be provided.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE YOUR STUDENTS TO ATTEND THESE VERY USEFUL HOT TOPIC SESSIONS. If you would like to offer extra credit to students, they will be given an “extra credit ticket” as verification of their attendance to bring back to class.
Dr. Gloria Lindsay
Chapman Hall, Room 105
Friday, October 5, 2012
- Free Weekly Beer Tasting (5pm – 8pm) @ Wine Gourmet
- Art by Night (5-9 p.m.) Downtown Roanoke
Saturday, October 6, 2012
- Toast of the Town Wine Festival (11 a.m.) @ The Lawn at Kazim, 628Campbell Avenue SW, www.toastofthevalley.blogspot.com
- Wine Tasting at Sumdat Farm Market (11:30 a.m) @ Sumdat Farm Market Downtown Roanoke
- Spectacular Saturdays at the Taubman@ Taubman Museum. Free admittance to the museum and more. For more info – www.taubmanmuseum.org
- Physicians on Foot (8:30am) @ Numerous Carilion Clinic physicians are lacing up their walking shoes alongside the public in the "Physicians on Foot" weekly walking program. For info - www.carilionclinic.org/walking
- Sinkland Farms 19th Annual Pumpkin Festival (10am – 8pm) @ Sinkland Farms. For more info ‐ www.sinklandfarms.com
- Layman Family Farm Maze and Pumpkin Festival (10am – 9pm) @ Layman Family Farm. For more info ‐ www.laymanfamilyfarms.com
Submit COMMUNITY EVENTS TO firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FOR ADOPTION HUGE WHITE 14” KOI. This guy has outgrown his outside pond and needs a new place to blow bubbles. $75 re-homing fee. His new home must be larger than 55 gal. Also available are 2 large Comets for a $35 re-homing fee. Contact email@example.com
- YARD SALE – COLONIAL AVENUE BAPTIST CHURCH, October 5th and 6th, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Hundreds of items and lots of furniture, clothes, toys, books, etc. Also, selling baked goods. Church is located at the intersection of Colonial Ave. and Rt. 419. Come and shop and eat.
- 2005 HYUNDAI SANTA FE FOR SALE. Asking $9500 OBO. Automatic, black, sunroof, 6 disc changer, automatic windows, 68k miles, new tires, ac/heat, beige interior, and 3.5 liter engine. Great condition! KBB lists at $10,000. Contact Kristly Ciriaco firstname.lastname@example.org or text 540-986-8817 for pictures. Need to sell a.s.a.p!
- FOR SALE- O5 CAMRY (GREY) Only 45k mileage, well cared for. Brand new tires, new inspection sticker, new oil change and new battery. Engine is xle/le, clean and ready to go. Yearly maintenance, inspection and oil changes. Selling for $12,600 (negotiable). Great gas mileage. KBB lists for $14,500. Text or call 540-355-7611.
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY WITH MANNA MINISTRIES, every Thursday individuals can get a warm meal, a box of food, cat or dog food, and up to 5 clothing items and toiletries. They need cloths for infants through plus size, shoes, toys, books, hats, jackets, or scarves. Email CCunningham0003@email.vccs.edu
Do you have a church bazaar, yard sale, or item for sale? Submit COMMUNITY NEWS items to email@example.com