VWCC has joined a consortium with BRCC, NRCC, WCC, and VHCC to maximize resources and offer as many TOTAL workshops to faculty as possible. The Summer 2015 TOTAL workshops are available now. For information about VCCS TOTAL Workshops, please go to: http://www.virginiawestern.edu/elit/total.php
Each workshop focuses on a single topic for your professional development plan. Here is the schedule:
Jun.1 , 2015 - Preparing Student Learning Objectives - 2 weeks
Jun. 22, 2015 - Using Best Practices in Online Teaching - 4 weeks
Jul. 6, 2015 - Implementing Open Educational Resources - 3 weeks
Instructions for registering VCCS TOTAL Courses via the Knowledge Center:
- Login to the VWCC Knowledge Center: https://covkc.virginia.gov/vwcc/
- Go to Learning Center >> Course Catalog
- Enter Keywords: VCCS:TOTAL in the Search Text box. Click Search.
- Click on the course link of the course in which you would like to enroll, e.g. VCCS: TOTAL Implementing Open Educational Resources Workshop
- Click on the BRCC section, e.g. BRCC: TOTAL Implementing Open Educational Resources Workshop
- Click Enroll. You will see that your status changes to “Enrolled.” You will also see a statement confirming the date you enrolled: e.g. You enrolled in this item on 5/20/2015.
- After enrolling, you will be able to see the course(s) in which you are enrolled in the Scheduled Training box located on My Homepage: Home >> My Workspace >> My Homepage.
If you have questions or need assistance regarding the Knowledge Center, please contact Sarah Miller, Heidi McClintic or Carly Johnson in Human Resources. If you have any questions about the workshop format and content, please contact Carrie Halpin in eLearning & Instructional Technology (eLIT).