LPN to RN
How To Apply
We require all application material(s) be submitted directly to Health Professions - if you
fail to do so, be aware we will not be responsible for any delays in processing your file. Complete
the following and submit (if applicable) in one envelope to Pam Woody, VWCC-Health Professions, 3091
Colonial Ave., Roanoke, VA 24015.
- Apply to VWCC by completing the college application, if not currently attending. You are encouraged to complete the application on-line by logging on at https://apply.vccs.edu. Please make sure you indicate your plan of study as Nursing/Pre-Admission on the VWCC application and your semester to begin no later than Summer ’15 (or earlier if planning to take a class).
- Apply to the program by completing a 2015 LPN to RN Transition Application Form (PDF).
- Have all official transcripts (high school and college in original intact sealed envelope) and a copy of GED scores (if applicable). Remember, do not open any envelope which contains a transcript, they are no longer “official” to us when you open. If any school refuses to issue “official” transcripts directly to a student, please request they be sent addressed directly to Pam Woody at the address above. Transfer information provided on a subsequent schools transcript is not acceptable in lieu of the actual originating schools transcript. GED holders must still submit official high school transcripts if completed at least through the 9th grade, in addition to a copy of the GED scores.
- Request and submit an official record or transcript from the practical nursing program you completed or currently attending.
- A copy of your current LPN license valid to practice in Virginia.
Applicants must have a complete academic file by November 10, 2014 to be considered
for the next transition class.
By applying now to VWCC and submitting official transcripts of high school and college coursework,
Pam Woody (Health Professions Advisor) will be able to provide guidance and answer some of your questions
as you prepare for this major plan of study. It is necessary for Miss Woody to review your
transcripts/academic file to determine appropriate placement testing, do transfer evaluation
(if applicable), and suggest appropriate future courses. After your file is reviewed you are
encouraged to meet with the advisor each semester prior to open registration to review your progress
and course selection. She can also keep you informed of any changes to the curriculum or transition
policies that may impact you.