Mission, Vision, Values & Goals
Virginia Western Community College provides affordable, accessible, and quality educational opportunities and workforce training to meet individual, community and global needs.
As a student-oriented center for lifelong learning, Virginia Western Community College will meet the needs of our diverse community by providing comprehensive educational programs and workforce development.
- Maintain the highest standards of honesty, fairness, and ethical conduct.
- Encourage our students, faculty, and staff to strive for academic, professional, and personal excellence.
- Pursue continuous improvement and high quality in staffing, facilities, programs, and services.
- Foster a community that demonstrates care and support for students, faculty, staff, and the citizens of our service region.
- Promote service to others.
- Respect and appreciate all cultures, learning styles, and ideas that reflect the community we serve.
- Provide access to services and programs for all students who may benefit.
- Promote a safe and secure environment that facilitates student learning.
In striving to fulfill its mission in the most effective way possible, the College established four institutional goals.
Promote effective teaching and learning through quality instruction, programs, and services designed to meet the needs of a diverse student body.
Cultivate relationships and partnerships with the educational community, business, industry, and government to create educational and workforce development opportunities to support economic vitality.
Practice sound stewardship of financial, physical, and technological resources to support high quality programs and services.
Foster a safe and secure campus environment that is conducive to learning.
Reviewed by the Virginia Western Community College Local Board on September 15, 2011.
Division of Institutional Advancement, Office of Grants Development and Special Projects